Press release by: Jaguar Land Rover SA
- Jaguar unveils all-electric I-PACE in live global broadcast ahead of public debut at Geneva Motor Show on 6 March
- Global audience watches live as I-PACE comes to life in one of the world’s most advanced electric vehicle (EV) production facilities
- Jaguar brings over 80 years of automotive experience to the EV market
- Visit Mexico City ahead of this weekend’s Formula E-Prix to see I-PACE challenge Tesla Model X: https://youtu.be/fHvJKRimbPc
- Hosted by British comedian and actor, Jack Whitehall, TV presenter and EV enthusiast, Jonny Smith and American tech guru, iJustine
- Nine year olds Lola and Hudson give Jack Whitehall an I-PACE technology tour: https://youtu.be/LvxitPcHvrw
- Electrifying performance, super car looks, 480km* range and rapid charging place Jaguar at the forefront of the EV revolution
- To meet the creators and the makers of I-PACE tune in to ‘Fully Charged’ documentary: https://youtu.be/JLX3hNn1hn4
- I-PACE will arrive in SA in first half of 2019 – configure yours at www.jaguar.co.za
- Relive the I-PACE reveal: https://youtu.be/gpyh-4q661g
* Based on European WLTP cycle
Pretoria, 2 March 2018 – Jaguar’s first all-electric production vehicle, the I-PACE, has been unveiled to the world in a live broadcast.
British comedian and actor, Jack Whitehall, self-proclaimed EV enthusiast and TV presenter Jonny Smith, and American tech guru iJustine hosted a special live show as the first I-PACE rolled off the production line in Plant Graz, Austria, one of the world’s most advanced EV production facilities, where the car will be built.
When it came to explaining the technology behind I-PACE, host comedian Jack Whitehall enlisted the help of Jaguar’s newest vehicle experts, nine year olds Lola and Hudson. Watch here: https://youtu.be/LvxitPcHvrw
Ahead of this weekend’s FIA Formula E race at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez E-Prix circuit in Mexico City, the Jaguar I-PACE was pitted against both the Tesla Model X 75D and 100D in a 0-100km/h-0 head-to-head challenge. Panasonic Jaguar Racing’s Mitch Evans got behind the wheel to showcase the acceleration and braking power of Jaguar’s first EV against the Tesla models, driven by former IndyCar Series champion Tony Kanaan: Watch here:
The I-PACE has a state-of-the-art 90kWh Lithium-ion battery and offers sports car performance of 0-100km/h in 4.8 seconds alongside the practicality of a 480km range (WLTP cycle) and 0-80 per cent charging times of as little as 45 minutes (using a 100kW fast-charger). Allied with its concept car looks and next-generation artificial intelligence, it is set to be the perfect everyday EV consumers have been waiting for.
‘Fully Charged’ the documentary aired at the end of the broadcast, giving a behind-the-scenes insight into the creators and makers of I-PACE. Watch it here: https://youtu.be/JLX3hNn1hn4
Designed and engineered in the UK, the I-PACE will be built in Plant Graz, Austria, as part of Jaguar Land Rover’s manufacturing partnership with Magna Steyr. It joins Jaguar’s growing family of SUVs, alongside the all-new E-PACE and multiple award-winning F-PACE.
I-PACE receives its public debut at Geneva Motor Show on 6 March.
I-PACE will arrive in South Africa in the first half of 2019. Configure yours at www.jaguar.co.za